Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Spring-Ford Reporter

Thank you Lisa for the article!

Royersford's Capone is coming home.
Jen Capone Photography recently opened on Fourth Avenue in Royersford.
Jen Capone Photography recently opened on Fourth Avenue in Royersford.
Jen Capone is returning home to her Royersford roots after travelling throughout the East Coast.

"I was tired of traveling. I wanted to be local, to get back to my community," Capone said.
Capone purchased Dr. Dabbback's old office, located at 17 N. Fourth Ave. in February and turned it into a photography studio.
"When I looked at Dr. Dabback's building, I remembered being there with an ear infection when I was little. It's not just a property to me. It's a part of me."
Capone is in the process of slowly renovating the inside of the building as she works.
"Dr. Dabback's office is the perfect location for me. I knew this building when I bought it. It's beautiful," Capone said. "I would love for Dr. Dabback to come over to see it."
During the renovation, Capone has found a few surprises along the way.
"We found rent records stored that will be donated to the historical society," Capone said.
The majority of Capone's work is done outside of the studio. Through her Web site requests and previous clients, she travels to Manhattan, Boston, Key West, New Jersey and Philadelphia, mostly for weddings.
"I would like to be more involved in the local community," Capone said.
Capone recently won third place in the quarterly contest for the Wedding Photojournalist Association.
"It was in the Getting Ready Category for a wedding. It's an honor to be recognized for your work," Capone said.
Capone, who grew up in Royersford, earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the Fashion Institute of Technology in Manhattan. She has been practicing photography for the last 20 years.
Capone's work can be viewed on her Web site, www.jencapone.com. For an appointment or questions, please call 610-547-8250 or e-mail her at jen@jencapone.com. Capone shoots weddings, bar mitzvahs, family gatherings, portraits, maternity, children and senior pictures with themes.

©Montgomery Newspapers 2008

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Damon Dietz said...

Congratulations on the studio... I have heard nothing but great things about you and your work from my collegues. I hope we have the pleasure of working together someday. Good Luck!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home