Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sweet Charity







My favorite kitchen, besides my own, can be found at Taquet .
I could spend hours there. They let me sample while I photograph. The staff remembers you. The Everyday becomes elegant. I love their bartender. I could go on and on about the food, the staff, and the atmosphere of this place.

However! I was privileged to be able to photograph their charity event for Fox Chase Cancer Center. What an evening. Elegance in perfection and vice versa. No detail left out. Every auction item a dream. Jean Francoise Taquet is inspirational in his pursuit of living. He reminded his guests that the dinner was in honor of being alive and healthy and well. And to not take it for granted.

If you need a restaurant to celebrate life's milestones, or just to experience the joy of food and wine and service. Go.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Kimberley Bednarski Anderson said...

You have a true gift with food photography. Which is so weird, because it's so techy yet so not people. And you love people...so how does that happen? I guess you love food THAT much that you can go there.

What does any of this have to do with groundhogs and the fact that I love to drink Harp with you? Nothing.

You live entirely too far away.

12:04 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Kim! One of these days I'm going to crash Wisconsin.

Miss you! jen

6:50 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Your photos are great! I love the one of the spoons. +++

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, now I'm hungry again. Nice work, as always!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

what kim said. except for the groundhogs and harp part. and you're not that incredibly far away from me. but your food photography is really cool. that's the kind of food i'd be afraid to eat because it's just that pretty. at least in the photos it is...
///+r+i+n

12:49 AM  
Blogger Jamie Owens said...

Nice work Jen!!!+++

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home